Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Welcome Back!


It's been a great start to the 2015-16 school year! So far, I have seen 3/5 of the school during library time. It's wonderful that routines have already been established for most students, and I am focusing on being classes being STARS in the library!
S= sit quietly to enjoy your books
T= turn your books in on time
A= always do your best
R= respect each other and the library
S= show safety by walking
My Friday classes traced their hands to show "reaching for the stars" and decorated them so I could get to know them as readers. 
This week, grades 4-6 have been completing a scavenger hunt through the library. It took a little time to set up, but I created a survey using Socrative with questions about specific books they find in the library. I attached large shapes to 12 books and each question says "what shape is on the book...?" and teams of 3 have to find the book and choose the correct answer. They are doing awesome and getting reacquainted with the library! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment