Thursday, February 5, 2015

Battle of the Books

Battle of the Books is Friday, February 20th! Students in teams of 3-4 have been reading since November to be prepared for this trivia contest. The book list can be found on the Animoto video here and students have read all 15 books between their team members. Teams will come to the library and compete in the brackets. 3-4 teams will compete against others in their grade levels and then the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade champion teams will compete for the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND!!
Usually I use this buzzer system and hand score, but this year we are using the website Kahoot where I set up 9 rounds of competition questions. Most of the questions were made up by myself and another teacher. Usually I participate in the WEMTA Battle of the Books state-wide (and use their question lists!) but this year I wasn't impressed by the book list. I thought it would be a hard sell for participation. So I blended their list with my own personal favorites. I have had more kids hooked on authors than ever! Carl Hiaasen, Gary Paulsen, and Gary D. Schmidt are a few favorites. I can't keep their books on the shelves!

Stay tuned for the winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment