Monday, February 9, 2015

Where in Mukwonago am I?


This week, I am spending my time at Park View Middle School in Mukwonago doing what I call the "student teaching" of my library license. I have been taking classes for THREE years and this is finally my LAST one! I will be spending one week at this middle school and another at a different elementary working with librarians as a sponge to soak it all in. So far, I have been helping 7th graders create a Google slide about Native American culture which they will use to create a Movenote. This website (or app for Chromebooks) takes a power point or Google slides presentation and you can add narrative video using the built in webcam of the Chromebook. Students are at various stages in researching, creating a Google slide, and writing their script with a partner. It's great to see their skills in using Google docs, drive, and slides. All the hard work at the elementary level pays off! Plus as a bonus I got to see some of my former students who are all grown up as middle schoolers :) You can check out some completed Movenotes on the Park View library blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment